The lumbar vertebrae are located in popularly known as the lower back. They correspond to the first five vertebrae of the spine. Being in the central part of the body they receive more pressure, increased weight bearing and are responsible for the twisting of the trunk, movement rather than centralized. Allow flexion, extension of the body together and some lateral flexion.
We must not confuse conditions caused by muscle strain in different areas of the back, the lower and the upper, back and neck area. Since treatment is different, although both are based primarily on the proper development of the muscles.
Conditions resulting from low back pain:
Loss of mobility in the trunk, making everyday movements into something painful and uncomfortable.
It can cause reluctance and heaviness, because the feeling of wanting to drag the body and every movement is an effort.
The lumbar impingement can lead to a general malaise in the lower extremities; our legs can stop receiving mobility and normal muscle load to be affected and translating this effort in pain, in the event that the back suffer an arthritic, or upon the occurrence of an irritation of the lumbar nerves change.
For this symptom given should be the anomaly can cause persistent considered. As a condition of the musculature of the lumbar group numbness occurs due to a disconnect joint, along with a possible alteration of irrigation or nervous system suffered by clamping the joint.
Methods to combat back pain:
In most cases to lower back pain, gain increased mobility in the back, just you have to reduce muscle tension. For this we must enhance the plasticity of the affected muscles. There are 6 very simple stretching and strengthening exercises to practice at home, which combined in repetitions of 10 series, significantly lower the tension:
- Knee to chest: Lying down with your feet flat on the floor and knees bent, wearing a knee to chest helping hands. Hold for 15 to 30seconds and switch legs.
- Knees to chest: In this case the movement is the same as in the previous year but with both legs at a time, in the fetal position, but sitting on the floor.
- Lie on your back: Supporting feet on the floor bend your knees, both legs together so they are a single block. Always keeping your shoulders flat on the floor throughout the exercise, turn your hips to play with both knees on either side of your body. Without forcing, reaching notice a slight tension.
- Legs against the wall: Lying on the ground lift your legs over a wall at an angle of 90 degrees with your body and stretching your back and legs.
- Reduce back pain Cat: Supports hands and knees on the floor, like you’re on all fours, and push your lower back and belly to the ground, as you lift head and shoulders. Then performs the opposite movement, raise your abdomen and lower back as if to touch the ceiling.
- Sitting on the floor: In this position you cross one leg over the other you should maintain stretched, to play with all the foot across the floor. Grab knee crossed leg with the opposite arm elbow and pulls her back. This position must last at least 10 seconds.
If you have time it is good to do these exercises when you wake up and at bedtime to begin and end the day without stress.
The application of massage in the lumbar area is essential for the specific treatment of the muscle group you have affected. So U-Waist is the perfect complement for the relief of pain and prevent more serious conditions. With different massage modes physiotherapy techniques applied on the back.